Comments

From:(Anonymous)
Date:May 13th, 2007 11:36 am (UTC)

Dorothy Day married to Berkley Tobey?

(Link)
What do you know about Berkley Tobey? I am looking for information about him.
[User Picture]
From:personalist
Date:May 13th, 2007 11:47 am (UTC)

Re: Dorothy Day married to Berkley Tobey?

(Link)
I know little of Berkley Tobey. Have you looked at William Miller's biography of Dorothy Day? He may give some information about Tobey there. I read somewhere that he was much married. He took Dorothy Day to Europe during which she wrote her novel, THE ELEVENTH VIRGIN. When they got back to New York she walked out on him and never saw him again. He lived to be quite old but I beleve they were never actually divorced.