Comments

From:(Anonymous)
Date:August 24th, 2008 08:49 am (UTC)
(Link)
From a letter by Robert Lowell to J. F. Powers, May 16, 1956, regarding The Malefactors:

"An important character is Dorothy Day, sublimated, canonized, the book dedicated to her, but made to perform a black mass and on the last page kissed on the mouth by Allen, or rather kissing Allen on the mouth, meaning peace. Dorothy saw the book in page proofs, blew up, and forced the removal of both the black mass and the dedication."

Footnote 10 to Lost Puritan by Paul Mariani.
[User Picture]