[User Picture]
From:personalist
Date:August 6th, 2009 01:46 am (UTC)

Flannery O'Connor talks about THE MALEFACTORS

(Link)
"I have just read Caroline's novel and it's all very fine. She certainly had a hard job to do making those CW people at all believable. The one who is Dorothy Day is a little bodiless and I can't decide if this was intentional or not. She keeps emphasizing that this is a large woman but the effect is different..."---from THE HABIT OF BEING, the Letters of Flannery O'Connor, edited by Sally Fitzgerald, 1988