Comments

From:(Anonymous)
Date:November 28th, 2008 07:22 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hard to imagine "our" DD writing that piece in 1936, having founded the CW in 1933. Moreover, the subject matter notwithstanding, it doesn't really sound like her voice or her perspective.

I've run across other Dorothy Days in searches of eBay and the like but can't link an of them to this period or this piece. Can't find any biographical info on the author of that piece in The New Yorker, either. Maybe the true identity of that DD can be ascertained by writing to the editors of TNY and asking them to dig her address or something out of their records.
[User Picture]
From:personalist
Date:December 1st, 2008 12:08 am (UTC)
(Link)