[User Picture]
From:personalist
Date:February 25th, 2009 10:02 am (UTC)
(Link)
"...thank you very much for your keeping up the Catholic Worker blog. You have turned us all on to an amazing amount of info about CW history. I've been reading about the late Ed Forand who I remember as Walter Kerrell's roomate for a while. He used to take me to the Fulton Fish Markets in the CW jalopy and pickup produce donations when I was at the Worker in the early 60s and maybe even to the printers to do final proofs for the paper. (I remember going there....the same printer who printed Daily Variety...I began to notice the same type fonts in the two very divergent newspapers). Ed was a truly nice man without religious pretensions who did the daily work in the true spirit of the CW. ---Chris Natale Peditto."