[User Picture]
From:bobby1933
Date:April 5th, 2009 11:06 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Thanks, I really appreciate these memories of Dorothy Day and (especially) Ammon Hennacy
[User Picture]
From:personalist
Date:April 24th, 2009 02:02 am (UTC)
(Link)
Agnes Boulton writes in her memoire "Part of a Long Story" : "Dorothy (Day) would sit in a sort of trance when sometimes Gene (O'Neill) would recite 'The Hound of Heaven.'

'I fled him down the night and down the days.'

" She even managed to get him to recite the poem one night from beginning to end at the Hell Hole while the Hudson Dusters listened admiringly."