[User Picture]
From:bobby1933
Date:December 14th, 2009 08:22 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Ah, Robert G. Steed of New York, once aged 28; you are indeed a part of history. David Delinger, I recall, was one of the "Chicago 8/7" in 1968(I think that was the year?) I remember somebody talking about Delinger, who would have been 42 in 68 and therefore older than the other defendants, saying well he's some kind of scientist and was teaching the others how to make bombs.

Edited at 2009-12-14 08:27 pm (UTC)
[User Picture]
From:personalist
Date:December 15th, 2009 01:01 am (UTC)
(Link)
Well, Dave was indeed the old man at the trial of the Chicago Seven. He was also editor of Liberation Magazine and a colleague of A.J Muste and Bayard Rustin at the War Resistors League and a draft refuser during WWII. Ammon Hennacy always said that Dave was the best man he knew, a pacifist and an anarchist. RS
[User Picture]