Tivoli Farm, 1975
From left to right: Patricia Rusk, Martin Corbin, Helene Iswolsky, Thomas HughesScan 8

(1 comment | Leave a comment)

Comments

[User Picture]
From:personalist
Date:April 5th, 2013 04:28 pm (UTC)

from NO TIME TO GRIEVE by Helene Iswolsky

(Link)
"In 1964, Dorothy had sold (the) Peter Maurin Farm, and since Staten Island real estate had risen in value because of the building of the Verazzano Bridge, she could buy a much larger property on the Hudson River. There were eighty acres of land and several buildings, enough to house some sixty people. When I called Drothy to tell her of my retirement, she simply asked me: "When are you coming?" And so I packed by books and papers,put away my cap and gown, and drove down the long hill to my new home."----by Helene Iswolsky, Daughter of the last Tsarist Ambassador to France., Hippocrene Books, N.Y. 1986